Sunday, July 6, 2008

Watermelon Soup

This is one of those recipes that I call "mostly raw" - it's all raw up until the feta. Furthermore, I'll concede that at least on paper this recipe looks kind of gross. In practice, though, it's light, slightly spicy and incredibly refreshing. I prefer my soups smooth and easily assembled, so where I roughly chop and puree you could easily finely dice and mince into a chunkier version.


Watermelon Soup
(serves 4-6)

4 c seedless watermelon, cubed
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 serrano chile, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
4 tbs red onion, chopped
2 tsp red wine vinegar
4 tbs fresh dill
1/3 c olive oil
Kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
handful of crumbled feta

1) Throw everything in a large bowl or blender and puree to desired consistency.

2) Correct the seasoning, and garnish with a sprinkling of dill and feta.

No comments: